There is no need to be bored on a rainy day! This article provides a list of fun activities that can be done with kids, whether they are toddlers or teenagers. From making homemade pizzas to playing tag in the rain, there are plenty of ways to have a good time while staying dry.
When it’s raining outside, it can be tough to keep the kids entertained. But with a little creativity, there are plenty of indoor activities that can be just as fun as playing in the rain. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
-Have a dance party: Put on some music and let the kids loose! They’ll have a blast dancing around the living room (or wherever you have space).
-Make homemade pizzas: Let the kids get involved in making their own pizzas. They can choose their own toppings and help assemble the pizzas. Then sit back and enjoy your creations!
-Play some indoor games: There are tons of games that can be played indoors, from board games to tag to hide-and-seek. Whatever you choose, the kids are sure to have fun.
-Do some arts and crafts: Rainy days are the perfect opportunity to get creative! Pull out some art supplies and see what kinds of masterpieces the kids can come up with.
There are plenty of things to do with kids while it is raining outside. Here are some fun ideas:
- Make homemade pizzas together.
- Play board games or card games inside.
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt in the rain.
- Make homemade soup or chili together.
- Bake cookies or other treats together.
- Do a rainy day puzzle together.
- Read books together while snuggled up in blankets.
- Watch a family-friendly movie together.
- Make a fort out of blankets and pillows and spend some time relaxing inside it.
- Take turns telling stories or making up jokes to keep each other entertained.
It can be challenging to come up with ideas to keep kids entertained when the weather isn’t ideal. However, there are plenty of fun indoor activities that can be just as enjoyable as playing outside. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Put on a puppet show – This is a classic rainy day activity that kids always love. You can use store-bought puppets or make your own out of socks, gloves, or paper bags.
- Have a dance party – Turn up the music and let the kids loose! They’ll have a blast dancing around the house (and you might even get a workout in too).
- Make homemade pizzas – Let the kids get creative with their own personal pizzas. They can choose their own toppings and you can even make the dough from scratch together.
- Play board games – There’s nothing like good old-fashioned family time playing classic board games. From Monopoly to Candy Land, there’s sure to be a game everyone will enjoy.
- Bake cookies – This activity is twofold – first, the kids will have fun decorating their own cookies, and then they’ll get to enjoy eating them
There are plenty of things to do with kids while it is raining! Here are a few educational activities to keep them busy:
- Have them help you measure the raindrops falling from the sky. Keep a tally of how many raindrops fall in a certain amount of time.
- Help them make a rain gauge out of a plastic container and Ruler. They can decorate it however they want and then place it outside to measure the rainfall.
- Have them look up information about rainforests and the animals that live there. Then, have them draw or paint a picture of their favorite rainforest animal.
- Learn about the different types of precipitation: rain, sleet, snow, etc. You can even try to make your own “snow” inside by mixing Borax powder with water!
- Read a book, maybe even a personalized book about them.
There are plenty of things to do with kids on a rainy day, from watching movies and playing games to making arts and crafts projects. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have some supplies on hand so that your kids can stay entertained while it’s raining outside.